The 24,000+ acre Jennings State Forest, which borders Eagle Landing, is a rich landscape with many different types of plants and animals. The park is home to more than 15 protected, natural biological communities and a variety of animals including hawks, white-tailed deer, river otters and turkeys.
It is your haven for outdoor recreation, featuring wonderful places to hike, bike, canoe, kayak, horseback ride, camp, and fish. Eagle Landing has direct access to this outstanding forest and water resources located in the Southern Hills neighborhood.
- Jennings State Forest Complete Trail Map
- Biking and horseback riding
- 20-mile Evans Horse Loop – Trail Map
- Hiking Trailwalker Map
- Unique Fire & Water Trail – 1.75 mi – easy
- Longleaf Pine Loop Trail – 1.6 mi – easy
- North Fork Black Creek’s scenic 5-mile loop trail – moderate
- Dunn’s Farm Trail – 3-10 mi.
- Pioneer Trail (linear) – 2.5 – 10 mi. – moderate
- Horseback Riding – Horsetrotter Trail Map
- Evans Horse Loop Map – 20 mi.
- Canoeing along North Fork Creek & Black Creek
- Campgrounds, picnic and recreation areas
- Fishing & hunting*
- Nature & wildlife programs
- Great Florida Birding Trail – .5 mi (easy)
- Trailwalker & Horsetrotter Programs
- Guided nature walks with park rangers
For more information about Jennings State Forest, visit their website.
*Florida License required.